11.10.2010

Margaux goes to Work

Margaux goes to Work
I like the phrase that to be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work because how can you succeed if you don't like what you are doing? Finding what you're meant to be doing is often a difficult discovery process. I've learned over the years that successes, failures, and personal interests are guidance cues to your true gifts.

I've had many jobs. I started off working at a stuffy gift store wearing cutesy aprons, then moved on to handing out towels and scanning membership cards at a gym, to waitressing to bar tending to being a molecular biologist. I wanted to be a scientist to pursue the dream of finding cures for diseases to further mankind but realized that wasn't happening any time soon if ever.

After much thought and determination, I'm finally comfortable in my shoes as a designer and feel great satisfaction when I'm creating.
Finding what your true talents are is worth the effort because you have greater chances of succeeding and life gets better because you love what you do.







3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! I'm looking forward to all of your stylists posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you found what you were destined to be in the second grade! It took me a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete